When I was being filmed for Scottish Television, we went up to Tam Breck wood just outside my village and I noticed lots of baby frogs hopping about.
Today Dad and I made a special trip to the wood to see if we could find any baby frogs and if we could work out what they were.
Here is the first one we found:
- covered in tiny dots or bumps
- and it had some stripes on its arms and legs, but not on its body
When I got home, I looked for picture on the internet and worked it out that it was a common toad. Here is more about common toads on the RSPB website.
We let the toad back into the grass, then searched some more. Then we found this one:
This one was different from the first one we found. It had:
- green, with a lighter belly
- it had a stripe over its eye and a dark patch behind the eye
- it had two ridges down its back
- it had stripes on its back legs
- and it was much better at jumping, and was difficult to catch and keep hold of !
When we got back I worked out it was a common frog. Here is more about frogs on the RSPB website.
I wanted to bring one home but dad said they would prefer to live in the wild.
Enjoy this post ? Share it !