Jacob came over a couple of weekends ago, and he was keen to look for bones. There were a few places which I knew were good for finding bones, but on the Sunday it was wet and cold, so I had to think of a place where there would be bones, but would also be out of the rain. That made me think of the ice houses on the old country estate on the other side of the village.
The ice houses
This is where it gets VERY detailed
- This bird was a female whooper swan
- It was tagged on the 2nd August 1995
- It was tagged in Miklavatn, Skagafjordur ,Iceland
- It was spotted twice after it was tagged
- The first time was on the 1st October 1995, when it was seen in Co. Donegal in Ireland.
- Three weeks later it was seen in Co. Londonderry in Northern Ireland.
- After that it was never seen again, until I found that bone.
So how did it end up in the ice house ?
Enjoy this post ? Share it !