This year has been great for my bone collection. Before, I mainly had just rabbit bones, but now I have all sorts of skulls like red deer, roe deer, sheep, buzzards and fox. I think next year could be the best year ever for bone collecting. Here are some of the bones I would like to find in 2010:
- An owl skull. Owls look cool, but I haven't seen many out on walks.
- A complete sheep skull. I have four sheep skulls already, but none of them have all the parts - the skull, the two horns, and the two parts of the lower jaw.
- A cow skull. This would be the biggest skull I have yet.
- A red deer skull with more than 8 points. The biggest deer skull I have at the moment is this one which was 4 + 2 points. It would be great to find a skull with bigger antlers, but it is difficult because gamekeepers or poachers take skulls with bigger antlers because they are valuable.
- A badger skull. I haven't seen many badgers in the woods, but there must be some if I look hard enough.
The picture of me was taken on Boxing Day. Me and my dad went up to the pheasant woods to watch deer, but the snow came down really fast so we had to head back early.
Have a happy New Year !
Enjoy this post ? Share it !