This is the skull. It only had one half of the lower jaw because the other one had dropped out when it died. Dog skulls come in all different shapes and sizes but there is only one type of red fox skull, where the skull slopes gently from the top of the head down to the nose.
The last bit I want to show you is this scapula, which is the shoulder blade. This one is the left one, and instead of being smooth it is rough at the far end, and the bone is rippled and thicker than the other one:
- It was an old male fox that had a violent life
- It was strong
- It had arthritis on the back left leg
- It had a bite mark in the left shoulder blade
- It had some damage where it lost the top left canine and all the upper incisors.
- It had damage to the right humerus
Enjoy this post ? Share it !